1.6 billion people (17% of the global population) do not have access to electricity. Microgrids powered by renewable energy sources can close this gap, providing a stable power source in remote areas without grid infrastructure and reinforcing unstable grids in developing cities.
Ferntechs technolgy lowers the barriers to deploy these microgrids by simplifying how grid components are integrated, monitored, and managed. Ferntech’s control algorithms make it possible for grid operators to maintain grids remotely, further decreasing maintenance costs and extending system lifespan.
Mini-Grid for Energy Access (DR Congo)
- Lack of skilled local technicians
- Difficulties to travel onsite due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Monitoring & control solution for 20Kwp and 40KWh lithium-ion
- 303 households, business, schools and hospitals connected
- Identify problems and guide field technicians remotely
~15% O&M costs reduction by avoiding site-visits
Photo: Equatorial Power
Mini-Grid for Energy Access (Nigeria)
- Difficulty of monitoring different components from different brands
- Variety of system sized and use-cases (C&I and Energy Access)